THE CHEW: FOOD.LIFE.FUN BOOK Contest Rules
Who Can Enter
1. To be eligible to participate in this contest, entrants must be a U.S. resident who are 18 years of age or older, reside in the KDNL ABC 30 viewing area.
2. Employees of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Sinclair Media I, Inc., and any other company which owns, programs or provides other services to television broadcast station KDNL (the "Station"), ABC, their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, any and all local television broadcast and cable stations, local radio and other media companies, and the immediate family members of each are ineligible. The term "immediate families" includes spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children and grandchildren. Only one winner per household for the duration of the contest.
How to Enter
1. No purchase is necessary to enter. Only one entry per IP address.
2. To enter, log onto ABCSTLOUIS.COM and click on The Chew Cookbook Contest link. Complete the online entry form with your full name, email, phone number, age, address, city, state, zip code, and submit. No mechanically completed or reproduced entries will be accepted.
3. The contest starts on December 10, 2012 and All entries must be received by 12am CDT on December 28, 2012. Station is not responsible for lost, late, or misdirected entries, printing errors. server unavailability, computer or any other electronic malfunction.
4. On January 2, 2013, five (5) winners will be selected by random drawing from among valid entries.
5. All entries received that are mutilated, tampered with, incorrect, illegible, or from ineligible entrants will be void. All entries become the property of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Sinclair Media I, Inc. and the Station and will not be acknowledged or returned.
1. Five winners will be selected. Each winner will receive one (1) The Chew Food. Life. Fun. cookbook valued at $20.00.
2. Winner(s) will be notified by phone before or by Friday, January 4, 2013. Before claiming prizes, winners must provide their correct name, address and telephone number to Station at the time of notification. Winner(s) must sign and return a release and affidavit of eligibility, which must be received within 10 days of notification at the time winner(s) claim his/her prize in person at the Station. Station reserves the right to examine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding the prize based on the identification presented.
3. If a winner cannot be notified within five (5) business days of the January 4, 2013 deadline, or does not sign and return the release and affidavit of eligibility within ten (10) business days of notification, then the prize will be forfeited, and another winner will be randomly selected from among valid entries.
4. There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for prizes except at the sole discretion of Station. The Station has the right to substitute a prize of similar value. No transfer or assignment of prizes is allowed.
5. Each winner is responsible for paying all local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prizes as set forth in these rules.
6. Only one prize will be awarded per household.
7. Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc. and Sinclair Media I, Inc. are not liable if the provider of any part of the prize fails to satisfy its obligations to furnish its portion of the prize.
8. Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc. and Sinclair Media I, Inc. are not responsible for any liabilities arising directly or indirectly from the award or use of the prize.
9. In claiming your prize, you acknowledge that Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc. and Sinclair Media I, Inc. have the right to publicize your name, character, likeness, photograph, voice and the fact that you are the winner for promotional purposes without financial remuneration.
Odds of Winning/Miscellaneous
1. Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received.
2. Complete contest rules are available Monday through Friday during normal business hours at 1215 Cole Street, St. Louis, MO 63106 and on the Station's website at www.abcstlouis.com
3. For a list of prize winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to KDNL ABC 30 at 1215 Cole Street, St. Louis, MO 63106 by October 15, 2012.
4. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., and Sinclair Media I, Inc. accept no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize awarded hereunder.
5. Station cannot be held liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes or contest information.
6. Station reserves the right to make rules and contest changes and change the aforementioned contest dates.
7. By entering this contest, each entrant waives any and all claims of liability against the Station, any sponsors, and their respective parent, affiliates, officers, directors, employees and agents, for any and all claims, loss, damage or injury which may occur as a result of entrant's participation in this contest.